Sunday, December 27, 2009

Resolutions Revisited

- Learn to dance: Sigh, nope. I’m hoping to sign up for a dance class in January of 2010.
- Commit myself to being healthy, in my head and in my body, above all else: Welcome to the focus of 2009 for me. I did alright. Not perfect. But then again, 2009 was all about learning perfection doesn’t exist.
- Continue to learn Spanish: Nope. I signed up for another class but the teacher was just not the right fit.
- Get a job that I appreciate and vice versa: Hmm. Maybe? I just started working at the Riley Center again and I this time it feels different. In a really good way.
- Do a burlesque solo at Cabaret de Nude: Cabaret de Nude is sadly no more. Perhaps a solo at Debauchery next year?
- Explore Al-Anon: Haha, explore. Yeah I "explored" it. Every week. Usually more than one meeting a week and countless hours processing all I’m learning about myself. Phew. It was a big year.
- Continue therapy: Thank god, yes.
- Deal with my loans: Sort of but not really.
- Attend the Anne Braden training: Check and check. I met so many amazing people. <3 <3
- Let my family know they’re loved: Don’t think so.
- Be a better friend: Nope.
- Spend some time with a loving partner: Definitely. Lou Vaile brings so much passion, love and depth to my life.
- Explore and deepen my faith: I sort of got away from this a bit towards the end of the year.
- Challenge myself to be present in the world around me: Every moment. It’s WAY harder than it sounds.
- Learn more about the bible: Not really.
- Cook more diverse foods: I just got a pretty amazing cookbook for Christmas and have been cooking away. Nigerian peanut soup, Callalo, etc. And this year, thanks to Lou Vaile, I’ve been introduced to lots of yummy foods: millet mash, bean loaf, aduki bean stew, oat apple pecan waffles, the worlds best muffins.
- Learn to ejaculate: Sooo close. Let’s just say I’ve gotten a preview…
- Sharpen some sexy time skills: Check. But now I’ve found all sorts of new things to master.
- Learn my history: I’m getting there. Thanks to a long conversation with my mom and lots of therapy.
- Walk away from unhealthy situations: Yep. But sometimes I just walked away from things that were scary. That’s not so great.
- Remain firm in my resolve: Hmmm. I don’t know. I’ve gotta think about this. I’ve realized my instincts are way more stubborn and individualistic than previously thought. So maybe yes?
- Change only when truly necessary and after great thought: I think so. And there’s been A LOT of thought about that this year.
- Write/call people back: Not so much.
- Interact with people on the street: I think I probably used to do this more… part of that is where I was living though.

Eh, not so bad. Now to ponder goals for 2010.....

2 comments:

Lou said...

no longer a preview! welcome to the club, sweetheart!

katheryn said...

BLush....