Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes I Can!...Be Skeptical

Ok, I’m gonna do it. I’m gonna be that kid that rains on the parade….

Am I glad that Barack Obama won last night? Yes. Did I stand in my local dyke bar and cry when I watched his speech? Yes. Am I moved by how monumental this election was and hopeful for our future? Yes. But am I sold that America is now all of a sudden a better country? Nope.

We still have work to do. And like Obama said last night, this election didn’t bring us change. It brought us the opportunity to make change. And while I really want to believe that change will come with Obama in the office….I’ll believe it when I see it.

We've got a long way to go. Obama has inspired, motivated and empowered a whole shit ton of people but I'm gonna make damn sure he makes good on his promises.

No comments: